Friday, June 20, 2014

Published in "Sew it All" Magazine!

     I'm so excited & honored to have an article published in a national publication!
     All thanks to a friend, Pam, (Mr. G's Sis) that believed in me and encouraged me.


***************
It is a rather new publication.  You'll find the article in Volume 8 which is now on sale.
 I actually got a 2 page spread.
        The title of the article was supposed to have been Waist No Time because it's about 3 quick steps to making a skirt without a pattern featuring a fast elastic waistband application.
        I had posted the waistband application on this blog a couple of years ago, and last year explained the 3 steps of the skirt construction for a doll skirt in a child's sewing lesson.  
        This magazine is chocked full of sewing ideas & projects.  If you'd like more information about this great magazine, please go to the Sew it All  supporting site which offers patterns for the magazines projects for free.  My article doesn't require a pattern.  You will find the cutting directions in the article.
         Yes, I made both skirts in the spread.  I think the models made them look better!
        I hope I have the opportunity some day to write another article.
        Also, thank-you Maggie for helping me proof the article.
**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

 
 

        

7 comments:

  1. That's great! Congratulations! I do not sew but I admire people who do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! so awesome for you and so glad you share your skills with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing @ Monday Handmade Linkup Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hoo, Congratulations! I am so happy for you, how awesome is that! The skirts are beautiful, makes me wish I could sew! This is a well deserved acknowledgement for you, I could not be happier for you. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.